Thursday, July 5, 2007

July 2 in Colma

OK, I returned to Lucky Chances after work. Played 3 hours of Spread Limit Hold 'Em for a total profit of... $15 dollars. OK, I didn't quite make up for the $300 hit I took on my last visit to Colma, but I did reverse the trend. And boy, was that a trend that needed reversing.

On top of that, I learned a lot. About hand selection. About blind management. About position play. And about pulling off an occasional bluff when the situation warrants it. It's all about building confidence in my cash game play.

LESSONS LEARNED:
- There's no need to protect a $2 blind, yo. It's just the price of admission.
- Poker 101 principle. Don't play the 4-5 suited without multiple customers with big stacks. You're not gonna win often, and when you do, you won't win enough to justify the play.
- Another basic law of poker - Position is everything.

No comments: