Monday, June 25, 2007

Welcome to Dan's Poker Log

I'm kinda sorta maybe considering a career as a professional poker player. Maybe semi-pro. I feel silly even writing this now, but I think if I keep studying and playing, I can make it happen. Starting small, of course. Mostly low buy-in tournaments in the $200-$300 range. I'll also pepper in a bigger event here and there.

Here's where I am: I started 2007 with a $225 tournament at Lucky Chances. Made the final table and came in 7th for a $1,280 payout. In early June I played a $1,500 WSOP event in Vegas, got lucky and cashed for $3,888 (the highlight of my young poker career). So far this year, I've played 13 tournaments for a total of $4,390 in buy-ins. I've cashed in 5 of the tourneys (3 final tables), for a total of $7,283 in wins.

As far as card room cash games go, not much to report. Six winning sessions, six losing sessions. I'm ahead $320 there.

Not counting friendly home and office games, I've played about 80 hours of poker, and I'm up $3,213 total for the year. My hourly poker rate's about $40. Not earth-shattering, but not bad either, considering my newbie status. I've got a long way to go, and a lot more to learn about this game. Let's see how it goes.

No comments: